Production: 2003 - present
The AV2 Expander was introduced for use with a DVD1 player commanded, once set up, via a Beo4 remote control terminal.
Its connections were as follows:
- TV - connection to a Beovision MX television
- DECODER/STB - comprising an input & output socket for a satellite decoder or STB (optional extra). This socket was automatically selected where no other connections were made
- DVD - input socket for DVD1 (controlled by pressing the terminal’s DVD or CDV button and then remotely operating the non-Bang & Olufsen DVD player separately)
- CAMCORDER - SCART for video camera etc. An input-only socket which was activated by pressing the red button on the AV2 which illuminated when activated. The socket on the MX was activated by pressing V.TAPE2 on the Beo4. (Note that after use it was essential to switch off the socket with the red button else the other sockets could not be accessed)
- VIDEO L R - Phono plugs with video signal and L/R sound. Used to connect a non-Bang & Olufsen item such as games. Technically the same as CAMCORDER socket but fitted with phono plugs
The AV2 Expander (Bang & Olufsen part number 8089111) ran on a 12V power supply.